The official Arles 7.4.2 version is has been released.
Multi core CPU support
The Web Page Creator now supports multi-core processors when generating thumbnails and images. Here are some test results:
Creating thumbnails a on dual core PC
Arles 7.3.1: 9.4 seconds
Arles 7.4 beta 2: 5.3 seconds (56%)
Modifying images a on dual core PC
Arles 7.3.1: 75.1 seconds
Arles 7.4 beta 2: 41.1 seconds (55%)
The multi-core support scales linear so a quad core things will be almost four times faster than a single core processor.
RSS Feeds and Piclens support
Arles now supports RSS feeds and Piclens type RSS feeds. Select the "Add RSS feed" checkboxin the Advanced Index Page Options window and you're done. Piclens is a browser plugin that allows you to fly through your gallery in a 3D way. To test it go to http://www.piclens.com
and install the latest piclens plugin. You need the 1.6 version if you want the 3D wall to work. Here is a test gallery of my friend Lars
with RSS support:
Full screen image viewer
The full screen mode of the image viewer now automatically hides toolbars and the cursor after a few seconds of inactivity.
Raindrops image effect
To add a rain drops effect to your images:
DownloadArles Image Web Page Creator 7.4.2Changes7.4.2
- In the Web Page Creator window select the Images tab and click the Image Effects button.
- In the Image Effects window click the Add button and select Image Overlay.
- In the Image Overlay options panel select "Raindrops".
- Fixed: The main windows still had the "beta" keyword in their captions.
7.4 official release
- Arles Image Explorer: Several cosmetic changes to the grid view.
- Minor changes to the Enter Registration Info dialog.
- Minor changes to the Registration Warning dialog.
- Fixed: Arles Web Page Creator: When starting the Web Page Creator sometimes two icons were shown on the Windows Taskbar.
- Fixed: Arles Image Explorer: Horizontal scrolling of the grid did not work properly.
- Fixed: Registration warning dialog were sometimes cut off if the Windows was set to very large fonts.
- Fixed: Data mover window had a non-functional minimize button.
- Support added for *.3g2 movie files.
- Support added for *.mov movie files.
- Fixed: Arles sometimes froze if generating the gallery was cancelled.
- Web Page Creator > Progress window: New total progress bar showing the task types in different colors.
- Web Page Creator > Progress window: Better Time Remaining estimate.
- Web Page Creator > Web Publish: Small changes.
- Web Page Creator: RSS feed link was sometimes invalid.
- Fixed: Some keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Ctrl+V) did not work properly in the previous beta.
- Fixed: Web Page Creator: Select All shortcut Ctrl+A did not work in web publisher.
- Fixed: Arles Image Explorer: A range error sometimes occured when copying files.
- Web Page Creator: RSS Feeds support added.
- Arles Image Explorer: New keyboard shortcut. Press Ctrl+Shift+E to edit the image.
- Arles Image Explorer Options: Multi-processor options added, with which the worker thread count can be set.
- Several changes to Web Page Creator progress window to better indicate what each worker thread is doing.
- Cosmetic changes to the Web Page Creator and Image Explorer toolbars to make them more standard.
- Arles Image Explorer: New keyboard shortcuts. Press Shift+F9 to create thumbnails.
- Arles Image Explorer: New keyboard shortcuts. Press Alt+F9 to modify images.
- Fixed: Another bug which broke the Run after command in certain situations.
- Fixed: A spacing was sometimes shown between thumbnails if the thumbnail title was empty.
- Fixed: One pixel spacing in the thumbnail table if no titles were specified.
- Fixed: Background color of empty index table cells was sometimes wrong.
- Fixed: The "Up one level" navigation item on image pages did not function properly when frames were used.
- Fixed: The image page file name extension was not read from *.arl files which were saved with Arles 7.3.1 or older.
- Fixed: The Run after command was broken in the previous beta 6.
- Fixed: "Add subcategories" checkbox clickable area was too large.
- Fixed: The default folder for Load Style and Save Style were sometimes not the last folder where a style was opened or saved.
- Web Page Creator: Many changes to the Web Page Creator progress window.
- Web Page Creator: New "Create Index Pages" option added to Advanced Index Pages Options window. Uncheck it if you want only image pages to be created.
- Fixed: Image viewer: Image titles were not always saved when editing them in the image viewer.
- Fixed: Image viewer: The focused control was no longer focused when selecting the next or previous image with a keyboard shortcut.
- Fixed: Image viewer: When deleting the last image in the image viewer an error message was shown. The image viewer is now closed instead if there are no more images left in the current folder.
- Fixed: The Image Effect text tags were not working in the previous beta versions.
- Fixed: Original images were sometimes not copied in latest beta versions.
- Fixed: The notification sound was played after processing each folder when using the multi-folder processing feature.
- Fixed: Web Page Creator: Overwrite thumbnails and images settings were not stored in the previous beta.
- Fixed: The select IPTC field dialog did sometimes not fit on the screen at low resolutions.
- Fixed: The previous beta cause Arles to stop command line processing when warnings or errors were shown.
- Web Page Creator: Added Custom CSS Code option to the Fonts and Styles window.
- Web Page Creator: Subcategory thumbnails are now also created in multiple threads.
- Web Page Creator: Creating HTML pages is now faster. And much faster if you have many images per folder.
- Fixed: Web Page Creator: Image effects > Add text was not thread safe.
- Fixed bug in beta 2 and 3: An access violation sometimes occurred when creating HTML pages.
- Fixed: Multi processing window did not work properly in beta 2.
- Web Page Creator: Multi threading support. Generating thumbnails and images on a dual core processor is almost twice as fast. Quad cores are almost 4 times faster.
- Advanced Files Options window: New "Subcategory thumbnail filename prefix" option.
- Minor tweaks to about window.
- Scrolling text in About window less flickering.
- The <GalleryTitle> tag now allows having other folder tags in it.
- Fixed > Arles Image Explorer: Reversed sorting on Size or Modified date did not work.
- Fixed: Thumbnails and images were sometimes to sharp when loading an old *.arl file.
- Fixed: Thumbnails and images were sometimes sharpened twice when loading an old *.arl file.
- Fixed: Toolbar custom settings were sometimes not saved.
- Fixed: Wrong image shown in registration warning window.
- New image effect > Image Overlay > Raindrops effect.
- Arles Image Explorer > Image Viewer: Toolbars and cursor now automatically disappear in the full screen mode after a few seconds.
- Arles Image Explorer > Image Viewer: Ctrl+Alt+LeftClick now zooms out.
- Arles Image Explorer > Image Viewer: Improved Zoom to fit function. They now only fit the window if the images is larger than the window.
- Arles Image Explorer > Image Viewer: Several minor changes.
- Web Page Creator: Infobars on the Main, Advanced Title Options and Style Options windows are now drawn in gradients.
- Arles Image Explorer: New Play Movie button in Image Viewer.
- New About and Splash windows.
- Small improvements to Email Images window.
- Small improvements to some toolbar icons.
- Fixed: The Web Print Service button was not uploaded to the web server it the print button was on the index pages but not on the index pages.